March 6, 2012; Miami, FL, USA; Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol (33) during the second half against the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
Throughout this season, my game previews have followed a very simple formula. However, seeing as one Greg Popovich recently criticized the (over)use of "Keys to the Game"--he said the only key to the game was scoring more points than the other team...BA-ZING!--I'd thought I switch it up and do something different. So here's a list of 20 things that I would like to see in tonight's contest. Be sure to add your own in the comments.
1.The Grizzlies come out strong.
2. Memphis wins the rebounding battle.
3. The Hornets commit more than 17 turnovers.
4. Al-Farouq Aminu dribbles the ball off his foot multiple times.
5. Rudy Gay successfully scores by posting up his man at least once.
7. ....and it ends in the same way.
8. Arenas hits at least three 3's.
9. Mike Conley blows by his defender and scores.
11. The Hornets' commentators speculate about the team's new name. One suggests "Devils," and the camera immediately pans to David Stern sitting in the audience and looking sinister.
12. Zach Randolph absolutely dominates his man in the post.
13. Someone mentions what jackasses the Maloofs' are and everyone is collectively sympathetic towards Sacramento.
14. Tony Allen inspires the entire team on defense and they limit New Orleans to less than 40% from the field.
16. Hamed Haddadi gets at least 10 minutes of playing time.
17. One Grizzly scores 30+ points.
18. Marc Gasol is referred to as "the tougher brother."
19. Memphis leads the entire game and never leaves the outcome in doubt.
20. The Grizzlies win the game.
For a real preview of tonight's game, visit our friends at At The Hive.