Timberlake sat down with Sam Alipor of ESPN The Magazine to talk about his recent ventures in sports and entertainment. I recommend everyone give it a watch, if for no other reason than Timberlake being a very charismatic guy who will make you feel great about the Grizzlies.
The Grizzlies, existing as a kind of nouveau-riche-small-market team, have very little star power and national presence. To have someone as huge of a celebrity as Timberlake represent the city and embrace his roots really gives us a credibility in the eyes of those that require some degree of Hollywood status for A) as a fan, using their entertainment budget or B) as a player, deciding where they would consider signing as a free agent.
Is that validation necessary to most Grizzlies fans? I'm betting not, but it's nice to have in the hip pocket.
PS: I am a strong proponent of Lebron James choosing to sign with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2015. Go ahead, laugh. But when the 0.001% chance of that happening actually comes through, I'm going to take all the credit.
More from Grizzly Bear Blues:
- TGIF: Thank Griz It's Friday: Inaugural Edition
- ESPN 2013 NBA Player Rankings #101-200: Prince, Davis, Koufos, Bayless
- GBB Question of the Day: Which non-All-Star NBA player would you bring to the Memphis Grizzlies?
- 2013 Memphis Grizzlies Media Day - My Head's Still Spinning
- Grizzly Bear Blues vs 3 Shades of Blue: Fantasy Basketball - Grizzlies Style