If there's anything we learned from the Griz' season opener, it's that this team is capable of digging itself into ridiculous holes and mustering enough pride to make a run at a comeback (and you're only just now learning this if you started watching the Grizzlies two days ago). But as we've discussed in the offseason, the Grizzlies need to be able to get off to consistent starts and not fall behind early on in games.
It's a lot more fun to watch the Grizzlies when they can use their reserve energy to solidify victories instead of conjure their probability. Dave Joerger will do his part to pace the game and monitor the momentum, but the Memphis starters need to come out on point to avoid some nasty discussions in the GameThread later.
What do you think tonight?
More from Grizzly Bear Blues:
- Grizzlies vs Pistons Home Opener Tickets: Still available for as low as $15.87
- 2013-2014 NBA Season Predictions: GBB Roundtable
- Memphis Grizzly Discombobulation: Do More on the Court and Less in Your Heads
- Grizzlies Fall to Spurs in Season Opener, 101-94
- Tillery: Grizzlies & Pondexter Reach Deal for Four-Year Extension