Considering what I had to watch on Monday, I wish I had extended my honeymoon vacation for another day or two. While Toronto won't provide us a very accurate measuring stick for the progress we need to see from the Griz, this is a game that absolutely no one inside FedexForum wants to lose tonight.
Rudy Gay or not, the Raptors are one of the few teams whose number the Grizzlies have when they're at home in Memphis, only losing two games to them inside FedexForum since 2004. I imagine, however, during those wins, the Grizzlies haven't played like the crap they've been playing like so far this season. We need to see the cerebral play of Conley and Gasol, along with the savvy veteran play from Prince, Randolph, Allen and Miller. Oh, and this would be a fantastic time for Ed Davis to shut the traps (at least partially) of all the haters here at GBB (myself included).
I'll post rules tonight and on Friday night, but from there on out you'll need to read them for yourselves.
- Four questions, based on performances during the game, are posed for each Grizzlies game.
- Post your answers (use corresponding numbers) in the comment section below to enter.
- For each question, the scoring possibilities will be explained.
- The "Grindmaster" category will be subjectively awarded by the GBB staff.
- The "Grindmaster" will usually be the top scorer, but there are different scenarios.
- The person with the highest point total at the end of the month will be the winner.
- You gotta be at least 18 years old.
- You gotta live in the USA or Canada (except Quebec).
- Your entry must be submitted before the ball tips off for scoring consideration.
- You can't have multiple responses to questions that require only one response.
This month's winner of the Grind Prophecies (largest point total at the conclusion of Grizzlies vs Nets on Nov 30th, 2013) will be awarded an Adidas Memphis Grizzlies Revolution 30 Replica Jersey! Since this is the 2013-14 debut of the Grind Prophecies, we will let this month's winner choose the player, color (home, road or alternate) and the size, obviously.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 players, 2 points go to each member who predicted either player)
- Will Rudy Gay shoot over or under 40% from the field tonight? (3 points awarded to correct predictions; zero points awarded for incorrect predictions.)
- Combined turnovers of Mike Conley and Nick Calathes (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if no correct answers, 1 point awarded to member(s) who are closest without going over)