This is the Grizzlies only Sunday game day of the month, and one of only eight for the entire season. Last season the Grizzlies went an incredible 6-1 on Sunday games, including their 4/7/2013 win over the Kings in Sacramento. Does this squad have some special mojo set aside for Sundays?
Here are a few things I'm watching for today:
- How do we play Demarcus Cousins? Do we go uber physical or are we afraid of sending him to the line?
- Will the Sacramento crowd in Sleep Train Arena disrupt the Grizzlies? On Friday, they literally broke the Guinness record for decibels from a crowd in an indoor stadium.
- Zach Randolph: was it just a vintage flash or can he get on a production streak?
- Tayshaun Prince: whatever.
- Now that we're playing a team with young, spry point guards, do we see another chunk of playing time for Calathes?
- And what are we doing with Ed Davis? I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking. He's played 8 or fewer minutes in four of the nine games this season, and was basically a healthy scratch for two of those.
This shouldn't be much of a hassle for the Grizzlies, but until I see them routinely make a non-hassle out of a soft opponent, I'm just going to stick with the word "should."
Can the Griz take down the Kings?