Good ole ZBo continues his hard work on the court and especially off the court where he concentrates on single-parent families and homes. Randolph recently provided hundreds of families with Thanksgiving food baskets and another 500 hams and 500 turkeys to the Clarence Faulkner Community Center, all while supplying the families with tickets to upcoming Grizzlies games.
This is the third time that Randolph has received the KIA Community Assist Award since the 2010-11 season, but ZBo is constantly involved in the community, even during the months of the year that the award is not given out.
Zach is a consistent double-double machine on the basketball court, and his mantra and focus in the Memphis community falls nothing short of that same steady and continuous attitude.
I love to give back to kids in need and from single-parent homes because I was one of those kids growing up, so I feel as though I can relate. It's a blessing for me to be able to help someone else.
And this all comes from the same guy who supposedly got his posse to beat the hell out of a guy that was shortchanging ZBo on some marijuana. Although, I'd wager that that guy wasn't a single parent trying to raise a family, if you know what I mean.
Let this be a lesson to all of you. No, the lesson isn't that you can change as a person and turn your life around into sometime positive. The lesson isn't even about how finding the right environment can bring out the best in people.
The morale of this story is that nothing you do in your early 20's matters, at all. And not because what you did/do in your early 20's isn't stupid; it's because everyone is doing those same stupid things in some incarnation.
: ) Happy Holidays from Grumpy Troll Chris!
We honor Zach Randolph with the Grind Prophecies tonight. You're a gem, Zach, and Memphis is very fortunate to have you around.
Fittingly, the Grindmaster from last game (vs. Magic) was Zach Randolph.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Shots made by Zach Randolph from the charity stripe (despite the pun, only free throws count) (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if no correct answers, 1 point awarded to member(s) who are closest without going over)
- True or False: at least one of these will happen A) ZBo and Kendrick Perkins foul each other 6 or more times, B) ZBo and Perkins are each charged with a technical foul at some point, C) Either ZBo or Perkins is given a flagrant #1 foul or ejected. (3 points awarded for correct predictions; zero points awarded for incorrect predictions)
- Grizzlies vs Thunder: Incredible Ticket Value, what's the best deal you have gotten?
- Grizzlies' Tony Allen and Ed Davis are doubtful to play against the Thunder
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder: Game Preview
- Old Faces: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Vote for the Greatest Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies Uniform of All Time: Alternates