I somehow missed this rumor amidst all the visions of sugarplums dancing in my head over the past few days. Nevertheless, the Grizzlies' names continue to appear on the trade market, and it appears as though they're beginning to try and con teams into taking their scrap pieces before they get into any serious trade talks.
The Lakers have undoubtedly shot this trade offer down (assuming it was offered in the first place), and with good reason. Bayless is having an abysmal year, shooting 36% from the field and 27% from three, while Meeks is averaging 46% and 41%, respectively.
While I still enjoy Jerryd Bayless as a player and person, there's no way that the Grizzlies are going to get any conceivable asset is a straight swap with him right now.
- Happy Zach Randolph Day to Memphis, Tennessee!
- A Statistical look at tanking in the NBA and how it relates to the Grizzlies: Part 1
- Memphis Grizzlies' James Johnson with a massive dunk against the Houston Rockets
- Houston Rockets come back from double digits against the Memphis Grizzlies to steal one at home
- Memphis Grizzlies actively looking to trade for wing athleticism