So. No Tim Duncan (which makes me sad). No Manu Ginobili (which makes me happy). No Kahwi Leonard (which makes me excited).
Will the Grizzlies go out and take care of business, or will they show up and be the team that lost to the Wizards because they couldn't give enough of a crap to keep John Wall from scoring 47 points? Or the team that got down so far to the Knicks in the first half that they couldn't come back in the second, no matter how well they played?
We'll know pretty quickly tonight.
The Grizzlies are currently 49 and 24. The Clippers are 49 and 25, and the Nuggets are 50 and 24. After tonight's game, the Grizzlies will have one of those two records; the Western Conference playoff race isn't getting any looser as the season winds down. This one's important even if the Spurs are sitting guys out.
- Zach Randolph came back to us over the weekend after a week of playing like garbage. He put up big numbers in the Houston game and then only had to play 30 minutes against Minnesota. Hopefully big fella can stay healthy and happy from here on out.
- Marc Gasol continues to pretend that he's never heard the word "injury" and wouldn't know what it meant even if he did hear it. After missing two games, Gasol has been steady back in the Grizzlies' starting lineup. Look for him to get some extended rest tonight if the Griz are able to pull away from the Spurs. If not, you know Lionel will play him however many minutes it takes to get a win; playoff positioning is too important. One wonders what would be the benefit of having good positioning if one then loses Marc Gasol in the playoffs... but I don't like to think about that.
- The bench came up big against Minnesota. Hopefully they can do that against the Spurs again tonight and give the starters more time to do what they most need at this point of the season: sit on the bench and think about the playoffs.
- As always, Pounding the Rock is the source for everything you'd ever want Spurs. I even did a Fraternizing With The Enemy with them for today.
- Tickets: Memphis Grizzlies tickets