Memphis Grizzlies 2013-14 Schedule: March (17 Games)
- Home Games: 6
- Away Games: 11
- VS. 2012/13 Playoff Teams: 6
- Back-to-Backs: 5
- Nationally Televised: Mar 7th @ CHI (ESPN), Mar 26th @ UTAH (ESPN), Mar 30th @ POR (NBA TV)
Here is a look at the complete schedule for March 2014:
|Sat 1||vs Cleveland||8:00 PM|
|Mon 3||@ Washington||6:00 PM|
|Wed 5||@ Brooklyn||6:30 PM|
|Fri 7||@ Chicago||6:00 PM|
|Sat 8||vs Charlotte||7:00 PM|
|Tue 11||vs Portland||7:00 PM|
|Wed 12||@ New Orleans||7:00 PM|
|Fri 14||@ Toronto||6:00 PM|
|Sat 15||@ Philadelphia||6:30 PM|
|Wed 19||vs Utah||7:00 PM|
|Fri 21||@ Miami||6:30 PM|
|Sat 22||vs Indiana||7:00 PM|
|Mon 24||vs Minnesota||7:00 PM|
|Wed 26||@ Utah||9:30 PM|
|Fri 28||@ Golden State||9:30 PM|
|Sun 30||@ Portland||8:00 PM|
|Mon 31||@ Denver||8:00 PM|
March, in my opinion, will be the most difficult month of the season for the Grizzlies. Not only do they play 17 games during the month, which is more than any other month of the season, but they are also playing up to 11 potential playoff teams. Add the fact that the Grizzlies play 5 back-to-backs in March, and we will really get a chance to see what this 2013-14 team is made of.
The most important/telling part of the March schedule might be at the end of the month when the Grizzlies start a five game road trip, the longest of the season, that carries over into April. It's a West coast road trip, otherwise known as Tony Wroten's worst nightmare, that will involve strenuous travel. It will be important that the Grizzlies have a good showing on the trip to ensure heading into the last month of the regular season on a high note and budding with confidence.
Unfortunately for season ticket holders, most of the good games in March are on the road. I'd bet not many teams have more travel during the month of March than the Grizzlies. Again, March is poised to be a brutal month schedule-wise.
- Toughest Game: March 21 @ Miami. They are, after all, the two time defending champion.
- Personal Favorite Game: March 7th @ Chicago. I can't wait to see Derrick Rose back in action and the matchup between him and Conley. Also, the matchup between Marc Gasol and Joakim Noah should be something to behold.
- Trap Game: March 14th @ Toronto. In the middle of a three game road trip that features one mid-tier team and two bad teams, the Grizzlies could falter. Also of note, traveling from New Orleans to Toronto is a long trip, even if they do have a day off in between games.
- Win-Loss Prediction: 11-6