The beginning before the beginning. We still don't 100% know what kind of roster the Grizzlies will be fielding next season, but now we know precisely where and when that roster will be playing.
- Season Opener: October 30th at San Antonio
- Home Opener: November 1st vs Detroit
- Longest Homestand: (6) games - November 30th to December 11th
- Longest Road Trip: (5) games - March 26th to April 2nd
- National TV Appearances: 13 - 1 TNT, 5 ESPN, 7 NBATV
|Month||Home Games||Road Games||Total|
- Rudy Gay return game - Nov 13th in Memphis
- OJ Mayo return game - Feb 1st
- Short schedule Western Conference teams (3 instead of 4 games) - Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, Kings
- 18 back-to-backs
- Fewer nationally televised games than last year after making WCF
- First time Derrick Rose will potentially play in Memphis since forever ago - Dec 30th
There's a lot of info to take in right now. I will update the notes as tidbits become relevant and available.
One thing is for certain: we are still having to earn the league's respect after getting fewer national games following a conference finals appearance. (Grrrr...)