Memphis Grizzlies schedule - December 14 games
- '12-13 Record in December: 7-7
- Home Games: 10
- Away Games: 4
- VS '12-13 Playoff teams: 8
- VS Potential Playoff teams: 13
- Back-to-backs: 1
- 1 Day Off - 10
- 2 Days Off - 2
- December 11 - The Oklahoma City Thunder return to Memphis after being eliminated by the club in the 2013 NBA playoffs.
- December 28 - Darrell Arthur returns to Memphis for the first time after being traded to the Denver Nuggets for center Kosta Koufos
- December 30 - Derrick Rose makes his first appearance in Memphis since tearing his ACL in the 2012 NBA Playoffs. [And speaking of Rose in Memphis, let's all take a trip down memory lane =(]
Though I hate the quote, this December stretch will show us "what the Memphis Grizzlies are made of". We all remember how well this team started out last year before hitting the wall in December. In hindsight you can say the 7-7 stretch was the difference between being the 5th seed in the Western Conference and a top-3 seed. Now the West is deeper and more talented than it was last season.
Excluding the Orlando Magic, each team on this list has a serious chance to make the playoffs, depending how the chips fall for each club. If Dave Joerger can get this club to win at least 9 games, they'll have made off good. Fatigue won't be an issue as 10 of the 14 games are at home.
- Toughest Game: Dec. 11 vs. Oklahoma City - If Russell Westbrook is back this will be extremely close as always.
- My favorite game: Besides the one on my birthday (Dec. 23!!), the one against New Orleans (Dec. 13) will be fun! NOP will be a league pass darling and their afflux of players against ours will make for a good game.
- Trap Game: December 23 vs. Utah. Easy way to take a mid-tier opponent lightly when three top-tier opponents follow right after.
- Win Loss Prediction: 9-5