- A byproduct of becoming a more popular NBA team on the national level is increased media attention, including that of video games. A writer at hngn.com expresses his support for providing NBA big men, specifically Marc Gasol, with higher ratings in NBA 2K14.
Thoughts: I haven't played an NBA video game in a decade, but I would desire and expect Marc Gasol to be one of the most enjoyable characters to play with in the game.
- Here's another bit on the court revitalization the Grizzlies were a part of in South Memphis.
Thoughts: I think the map graphic they show in the video is incorrectly used, because Hillcrest High School is definitely not on East Pkwy between Union and Central Ave, and said area is definitely not South Memphis.
- On Tuesday, the Grizzlies invited another player to training camp, James Dunnally, who is a 6'7 wing player that can shoot from outside.
Thoughts: Dunnally has had nice production at every stage of the game so it will be interesting to see if he can beat out a Willie Reed or a Josh Akognon for a roster spot.
- Rob Mahoney at Sports Illustrated lists the must-follow Twitter accounts for each NBA team. Chris Herrington (@HerringtonNBA) is the one listed for the Grizzlies.
Thoughts: I'd argue there are a few others that are must follows.
- WARNING: Bleacher Report link to follow: Bryant Cox lists 10 under radar players that will shine in training camp, including our own Jamaal Franklin.
Thoughts: I am not a fan of the BR, but he makes a point with the idea that Joerger's desire to play fast could present opportunities for Franklin, who may be one of the fastest players on the team at this point.
- The Fort Wayne Mad Ants look to hire their new head coach soon. They are trying to replace Duane "St. Vitus Duance" Ticknor, who was recently hired by Dave Joerger to join the Grizzlies staff as an assistant.
Oscar Wilde quote of the day:
Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.