How do you define a trap game? I define it as a game in which one team is so very favored to win the game that the favored team relaxes and allows the inferior team to seize the moment and steal the win. If we go with that definition then tonight's matchup in Milwaukee is the trappiest of any trap game the Grizzlies could possibly have this season.
The Bucks are just awful. They haven't won a game this year, and they didn't win very many before the calendar change either. They given up 100+ points in 10 of their last 13 games and rank dead last in the league in offensive officiency.
But regardless of how bad Milwaukee is this season, the fact that the Grizzlies actually have a trap game means that they are then by definition .... good, right?
Yeah, the Grizzlies are good, again ... finally! A month ago if the Grizzlies had been mentioned in regards to a trap game it would have been because they were about to play the Houston Rockets or the San Antonio Spurs as a massive underdog.
Now Memphis appears to be sitting on the other side of that fence.
And it's quite lovely over here.
The Grindmaster from last edition (vs Thunder) was split between Courtney Lee and Zach Randolph.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Total points scored by Marc Gasol (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 1 point awarded to the member(s) closest without going over)
- True or False: Marc Gasol will finish with 10 or more rebounds (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 0 point awarded to incorrect predictions)
- The case for Mike Conley making the All-Star team, and why he won't.
- Memphis Grizzlies at Milwaukee Bucks Preview: Griz on a roll
- Grizzlies vs Thunder Film Review: Courtney Lee shines bright like a Beale Street Blue Diamond
- Ready for Prime Time? Memphis Grizzlies top Oklahoma City Thunder in Return of Marc Gasol
- Memphis Grizzlies score huge win at home against the Oklahoma City Thunder