It's the Wendigo's golden birthday (turning the age of the day of the month on which you were born) and to some people that means something special. I'd have to admit that my 22nd (my birthday is March 23rd) was far superior in terms of "fun" when compared to my 23rd birthday. But I also met my wife a month after my 23rd birthday so maybe there's something to that after all.
- He's a 7'1 beast with the gracefulness of a ballerina
- He spells his name with a "c"
- Because somebody's got to rep the C-Marc's besides Marc Maron.
- The fact that his name can't be easily confused for "Paul"
- Marc has a level of intensity that Pau didn't bring to Memphis
- The Self Butt Slap
- We can share the joys of attending White Station High School
- He's one of the more genuine and honest pro athletes
- He takes serious pride in playing for Memphis, TN
- That beard. It's just great. Not too much - not too little.
- The Late-Blooming transformation of his body
- Silver and Gold, y'all
- He rocked the long-messy hair that so many of us rock at that age
- He's a role model for pudgy-goofy kids everywhere.
- The bevy of nicknames that he inspires
- Those passes, ya know
- That midrange shot that leave his fingers as if he just flicked the ball
- The evolution of his dunk finishes
- He's addicted to playing basketball
- Those crazy trick shots he attempts after the whistle's blown
- The accountability he maintains for himself on the court
- Humility and class
- Explosive and unbridled emotion for the game
- He's got to be one of the most courteous NBA players of all time
- 86% free throw shooting this season
- I know they got some rings out of it, but eat it Lakers
- He drinks tea
- The Grizzlies are 6-1 since his return on 1/14/14
Salud, Big Spain. Memphis is a better place because of you. Let's make some waves on your golden year!
Let us know what you love about Marc Gasol in the comments below.
(hat tips to Witherwax and Andy Livingston for helping me compile this list)
- Are the Memphis Grizzlies finished on the trade market? Roster looks like it could be set.
- James Johnson with the left-handed putback dunk against the Trail Blazers
- Memphis Grizzlies head coach Dave Joerger Approval Poll: How's the Memphis Grizzlies head coach doing these days?
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Sacramento Kings Game Preview
- Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers Recap: Griz roar all game