It's Grind Prophecies Piggyback Edition!
A semi-loaded question from GrizzliesTV:
Memphis Grizzlies (@memgrizz) January 29, 2014
Here's how some people answered:
And then the one guy with the lulz:
For me, this answer basically comes down to whoever retires first from this current squad. So with Conley going into his prime and Gasol in the middle of his that leaves us likely looking at Tony Allen and Zach Randolph. Retirement aside, you can make an argument for both players by looking at the cultural impact they've had, but ZBo takes the cake with the production and clutch-ery of that 2011 run.
While I'm voting a firm #50 for the actual question, the reality could be that the Grizzlies currently have (4) different players that could potentially have their number retired in Beale Street Blue. I'd love to look up in the FedexForum someday and see a #9, #11, #33 and #50 basking in the glow of swirling Growl Towels.
The Grindmaster from last edition (at Blazers) was Zach Randolph.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Number of turnovers for James Johnson (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 1 point awarded to the member(s) closest without going over)
- True or False: Marc Gasol finishes with 15+ points (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 0 points awarded to incorrect predictions)
- Happy Golden Birthday to Memphis Grizzlies' Marc Gasol! 29 reasons to love Marc as he turns 29
- Are the Memphis Grizzlies finished on the trade market? Roster looks like it could be set.
- James Johnson with the left-handed putback dunk against the Trail Blazers
- Memphis Grizzlies head coach Dave Joerger Approval Poll: How's the Memphis Grizzlies head coach doing these days?
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Sacramento Kings Game Preview