Hallelujah! There is great new coming out of FedexForum this evening:
More on Conley- swelling not as bad as thought would be. Could possibly be back for a few gms before All-Star break (7 left before)— Chris Vernon (@ChrisVernonShow) February 1, 2014
Pregame- @memgrizz coach Dave Joerger says Mike Conley has a Grade 2 right ankle sprain and will be reevaluated in a week— Rob Fischer (@thefishnation) February 1, 2014
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this: I did not expect Mike Conley to be back before the All-Star break WUT?!?!
Mike Conley is a warrior, like many players on this Memphis Grizzlies team right now. He rolled his ankle up like a freakin' Meximelt, but Mike probably has a few things going for him, A) he's in tremendous shape - I'm talking in the top 1% of the world, B) tying in with that - Mike only has a buck eighty-five (185lbs) to bring down on that ankle, C) tying back in to his elite athleticism - Mike has incredible reflexes and reaction time that probably saved him a few milliseconds of full body weight on those ligaments/muscle/bone that are not typically weight bearing.
No, Mullinax, I don't think we'll have to give up Ed Davis for Steve Blake (wiping sweat off brow.)
Like my friend Mark McCleskey said on Twitter: exhale.
And breath back in the sweet air of Memphis basketball in February.
- Game Preview: Memphis Grizzlies return home to face the putrid Milwaukee Bucks without Mike Conley
- Grizzlies top Timberwolves, 94-90, for 5th win in a row; Mike Conley injured?
- Does Mike Conley turn his All-Star snub into playoff fuel?
- The Memphis Grizzlies have the 5th-best-road record in the NBA
- What's up with Kosta Koufos' shooting struggles on the Memphis Grizzlies?