The Grizzlies show resilience in many different ways, but the most pertinent tonight would be their record and stats during the second games of back-to-backs (zero rest). After their ugly start to the season when they went 1-3 in these games, the Griz have now consecutively won their last 4 to stand 5-3 which is a great precursor to next month when they have a whopping total of (6) games with no rest.
Memphis is coming off a physical game last night (or at least the Grizzlies foul total would have you believe that) and they'll need to muster every ounce of juice left in the reservoir to knock off a tenacious Bobcats team that's trying to climb up the playoff seeding in the Eastern Conference.
Here's what I gather from the Grizzlies' current splits on (0) days rest:
- We usually get really strong PG play as Conley and Calathes both shooting over 50% from the floor and from behind the arc shoot 45% and 54%, respectively.
- Courtney Lee has been a scoring upgrade over Jerryd Bayless in just about every capacity except this one, although he still shoots more efficiently than Bayless did in SEGABABA's.
- Mike Miller and Tayshaun Prince should probably be limited tonight. They've both played in nearly (9) of these games so far this season, and while Prince is getting healthy again (..right...), now is not the time to lean on someone who will be expected to match up on key players during the playoffs. Miller just simply shoots some of his worst basketball on these no-rest games.
- James Johnson is highly productive during these scenarios, so it only makes sense for him to receive more than the 18 minutes of playing time he had last night.
- Most of our roster (minus the aforementioned Miller & Prince) shoots pretty well during SEGABABA's, so I'd expect scoring to be fairly spread evenly through bigs and smalls. That being said, ZBo usually sees heavy minutes in these games, and he could very well end up getting the ball quite a bit with a favorable matchup tonight.
Grindmaster from last edition (vs Clips) was Zach Randolph.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Total number of blocks for James Johnson and Marc Gasol (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 1 point awarded to the member(s) closest without going over)
- True or False: The Grizzlies will have a lead of 5 points or more at halftime (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 0 points awarded to incorrect predictions)