I've been reading articles recently that give our man ZBo some deserved love. On a Grizzlies team that has been passing around the injury bug like a hot potato, Zach Randolph has only missed two games and provided a very consistent presence that has been especially necessary with the extended absences of Marc Gasol and Mike Conley.
A little of my affection for the big guy:
- Randolph has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 32 of the 45 games he's played in this season.
- ZBo has shot 50% or better in 7 of his 15 games in January.
- Zach is averaging a career high 2.7 assists per game, including 3.2 APG over the past two months.
- The Grizzlies have only lost (5) of the (19) games when ZBo scores 20 or more points.
- The Grizzlies have lost (11) of the (17) games where ZBo scores 15 or fewer points.
When ZBo gets in his rhythm the Grizzlies are just plain hard to stop. Conversely, when ZBo struggles the Grizzlies often end up having to scrape out wins or have another player get red hot to finish off opponents. In this season of injury adaptation, he is the foundation on which the Grizzlies build many of their wins.
The Grindmaster from last edition (at Thunder) was split between Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph (although in reality no one really deserved it.)
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Offensive rebounds for Zach Randolph (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 1 point awarded to the member(s) closest without going over)
- True or False: Darius Morris plays more than 6:00 minutes (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 0 points awarded to incorrect predictions)
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Game Preview
- Grizzlies Jump Shot Scrutinization Series: Mike Conley
- Memphis Grizzlies lose a grinder in Oklahoma City to the Thunder
- Memphis Grizzlies head coach Dave Joerger Named Western Conference Coach of the Month
- Grizzly Bear Blues Blog Meet Up - What do you envision?
- How Courtney Lee Has Unkinked the Grizzlies Offense