The Grizzlies have announced that they will be giving away fake neck tattoos that say 'GRIZZLIES' in honor of James Johnson to the first 5,000 fans that make it inside the FedEx Forum when the Clippers roll into town on February 21st, 2014.
As many of you may know, Johnson got a neck tattoo that says "NAYMIN 3.9.13" after his son was born prematurely and battling for his life last March.
Kudos to the Grizzlies marketing team for coming up with this ingenious giveaway. Rally flags, t-shirts, and bobbleheads are cool, but I guarantee no other NBA team is giving out a fake neck tattoo this season. The freakin' Memphis Grizzlies, y'all.
A picture of the fake neck tattoo can be seen below.
As if Grizzlies fans needed another reason to love James Johnson... He's now responsible for neck tattoo night: http://t.co/TqTo0iM4JU— Peter Fleischer (@Peter_Fleischer) February 7, 2014
Again, only the first 5,000 in attendance will get one, so be sure to get down to the Forum early on February 21st.
- Memphis Grizzlies Grizz Girl Dancer Ciera selected for NBA All-Star dance team
- Throwback Thursday: Which player would you want to watch in their NBA prime?
- Z-Bo's Song: The Art of the Double-Double
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live Episode 4 Tonight on BlogTalkRadio!
- Memphis Grizzlies stall out against the Dallas Mavericks, 96-110