Grind Prophecies Leaderboard - March 2014
- rdcash - 56
- Fajotni - 42
- Kwhittington - 40
- ljjung - 40
- robdjq - 29
Rdcash still leads the way, but Fajotni has now taken over second place, ljjung has caught up to Kwhittington and robdjq has climbed onto the leaderboard. There's still (7) seven games left - a possible 105 points still available for the taking. Things can change fast around here, but rdcash is on a steady scoring stream and along with Fajotni they are the only players to score points in every contest so far this month.
So on to tonight's game. As I said earlier in the playoff standings update, the Grizzlies have never beaten the Big 3 Heat without Rudy Gay, however, it has been over an entire calendar year since these two teams have played each other, and this Memphis team has had plenty of time to confirm their identity sans Rudy Gay. LeBron missed the Heat's last game with back spasms, so his impact on the game could go either way at this point - he could leave in the 1st quarter with 4 points or he could play the whole game and rack up 40.
But we've also got Courtney Lee on DWade to worry about, as well as an athletic PF in Chris Bosh whose skill set can give Marc and Zach many problems. This is really a scenario where you really do need your best players, and I mean best as in the most physically capable, in the starting lineup to counter what Miami offers. But we know Prince is going to be starting, even if he suffers from a debilitating stomach virus that has him puking up 10 lbs of body mass every week for a month and comes back a shriveled, beef-jerky version of Tayshaun, he'd still be starting. How do I know that? Because that already happened and is actually a historical account and not hyperbole.
Can Prince hang with James? He's done an admirable job on some pretty elite players lately, but the moment LeBron blows by Tayshaun to do a reverse-somersault-360 dunk I imagine most Grizzlies fans will start pounding their James Johnson fists on the ground while chanting "Bloodsport" and frothing at the mouth.
You can include me as a likely participant in that practice.
Grindmaster from last edition (vs Jazz) was split between Marc and Zach.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 2 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Points score by Tayshaun Prince in the second half (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 2 points awarded to the member(s) with the closest differential)
- Total free throw attempts by Chris Bosh (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 2 points awarded to the member(s) with the closest differential)
- *Optional Wager Question* Which team will lead the game at halftime, or will the game be tied at halftime? (3 points awarded for correct predictions, 2 points deducted for incorrect predictions)