Changing of the Guard: This week we had to say goodbye to Mr. Kevin Lipe as our managing editor. He will still lurk around our comments and provide with tidbits of Grizznocity, and as new managing editor of GBB, I look forward to his presence.
Welcome the New Guys: Although they've been around for a while now, I'd like to extend an official welcome to newer comers in Matt Hrdlicka, Joe Mullinax and Kevin Yeung. We are now stacked like the Grizzlies roster, folks.
Everyone at Grizzly Bear Blues owes you a debt of gratitude, and we look forward to your articles at Beyond the Arc at the Memphis Flyer. In addition to Kevin's material at the Flyer, some other great sources for Grizzlies reading include:
- 3 Shades of Blue, the Grizzlies affiliate for ESPN's True Hoop Network, features some spectacular writers and a great up-close look at the Grizzlies. They're kicking off the start of 3SOB Radio, anchored by some great people, and everyone should be tuning for some premium Grizzlies coverage.
- Beale Street Bears, of the fansided network is another go-to source for your daily Grizzlies reading.
- Chris Herrington, the previous custodian of Beyond the Arc, is continuing his evolving coverage of the Grizzlies over at The Commercial Appeal, with Chris Herrington's Pick-and-Pop . You'll need a subscription to read it, but it's well worth your money for the real Memphis deal.
- 901Grizz, the Grizzlies faction of MemphisRoar.com. Pure Griz threads.
Encore GBB Reads:
- A Crucial Season for Ed Davis - Matt's breakdown of this pivotal year for Davis
- Go Home 2K, You're Drunk - Trisity explains why the Grizzlies ratings in this game are ridiculous.
- Packing the Strong Side - Kevin shows us why the Grizzlies defense works.
- What does Mike Miller have left in the tank? - An explanation of how the Grizzlies need to use Miller.
- Raising a Grindson - Mullinax tells us what we can expect from the Grizzlies latest draft pick.
What you might have missed in the Griz World:
- A slideshow of great photos from media day at Hoopsworld.
- Memphis Daily News relays the positive vibes already emanating from the Grizzlies camp.
- The Tennessean, in Nashvile, talks about the Grizzlies strategy to extend their fanbase.
- Rant Sports has another look at how Jamaal Franklin is learning from Tony Allen.
- Mike Conley made a huge donation to Ohio State basketball. What else do you expect from this guy?
- Grantland.com breaks down how Russell Westbrook's status might force the Thunder to evolve.
- Wages of Wins looks at Demarcus Cousins contract situation with an interesting comparison of Ed Davis in the mix.
You can follow the staff of GBB on twitter:
- Chris Faulkner @faulkner323
- Keith Edwards, Jr @realkeithtweets
- Ryan Hoover @twitthoover
- Tom Lorenzo @TomLorenzo
- Marcus Privitt @mPrivittSBN
- Andrew Ford @AndrewFord22
- Trisity Miller @Trisity_
- Matt Hrdlicka @therealhrdlicka
- Joe Mullinax @JoeMullinax
- Kevin Yeung @KevinHFY
Along with our staff, there are plenty of Twitter feeds that any Grizzlies fan should be following, including but absolutely not limited to:
- Kevin Lipe - Beyond the Arc - @FlyerGrizBlog
- Red Coleman - Chief Editor of 3SOB - @3SOB
- Chris Herrington - Commercial Appeal - @HerringtonNBA
- Steve Danziger - Writer for 3SOB - @SteveDanziger
- CamOnGriz - Coverage by 901Grizz - @CamOnGriz
- Ron Tillery - Grizzlies beat writer for The Commercial Appeal - @CAGrizBlog
- Rick Trotter - The in-arena voice of your Memphis Grizzlies - @RickTrotter
- Pete Pranica - Television play-by-play announcer for the Griz - @PetePranica
- Eric Hasseltine - Radio play-by-play announcer for the Griz - @EricHasseltine
Everyone please remember, Be kind when you Grind.