I'm going to be an honest managing editor and let everyone know that I missed the past two games while I was honeymooning in eastern Tennessee. I hear that I missed the worst of times and the best of times. I'm hoping that my viewing return to the Grizzlies has me seeing something in between with a victory at the conclusion. Something of a, how you say, in the words of my uncle, Grit and Grind win.
I'll post these basic rules for another couple editions, but after that you'll need to refer to the official rules for info on the Grind Prophecies (or you can email me.)
- Four questions, based on performances during the game, are posed for each Grizzlies game.
- Post your answers (use corresponding numbers) in the comment section below to enter.
- For each question, the scoring possibilities will be explained.
- The "Grindmaster" category will be subjectively awarded by the GBB staff.
- The "Grindmaster" will usually be the top scorer, but there are different scenarios.
- The person with the highest point total at the end of the month will be the winner.
- You gotta be at least 18 years old.
- You gotta live in the USA or Canada (except Quebec).
- Your entry must be submitted before the ball tips off for scoring consideration.
- You can't have multiple responses to questions that require only one response.
This month's winner of the Grind Prophecies (largest point total at the conclusion of Grizzlies vs Nets on Nov 30th, 2013) will be awarded an Adidas Memphis Grizzlies Revolution 30 Replica Jersey! Since this is the 2013-14 debut of the Grind Prophecies, we will let this month's winner choose the player, color (home, road or alternate) and the size, obviously.
The Grindmaster from the last edition of Grind Prophecies (vs Pelicans) was Mike Conley.
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 players, 2 points go to each member who predicted either player)
- Combined total of Mike Conley's steals and assists (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if no correct answers, 1 point awarded to member(s) who are closest without going over)
- Which will player log more playing time, Ed Davis or Jon Leuer? (3 points awarded to correct predictions; zero points awarded for incorrect predictions.)
We'll add a leader board here in a week or two, once we figure out who all is participating.