The 2013-14 November Grind Prophecies are officially underway! There's a new wrinkle in the contest now, though. Remember the question #4, the User's Pick? We are changing that to another "Sponsor's Choice" question that will be scored the same way as question #3 and count towards your overall point total!
Most of you probably remember the rules from last year, but just to clarify some of the basics:
- Four questions, based on performances during the game, are posed for each Grizzlies game.
- Post your answers (use corresponding numbers) in the comment section below to enter.
- For each question, the scoring possibilities will be explained.
- The "Grindmaster" category will be subjectively awarded by the GBB staff.
- The "Grindmaster" will usually be the top scorer, but there are different scenarios.
- The person with the highest point total at the end of the month will be the winner.
- You gotta be at least 18 years old.
- You gotta live in the USA or Canada (except Quebec).
- Your entry must be submitted before the ball tips off for scoring consideration.
- You can't have multiple responses to questions that require only one response.
This month's winner of the Grind Prophecies (largest point total at the conclusion of Grizzlies vs Nets on Nov 30th, 2013) will be awarded an Adidas Memphis Grizzlies Revolution 30 Replica Jersey! Since this is the 2013-14 debut of the Grind Prophecies, we will let this month's winner choose the player, color (home, road or alternate) and the size, obviously.
Each Grind Prophecies post will announce the Grindmaster from the previous game. For the trial run on the Griz/Celtics game last night, we have a shared Grindmaster title between Jerryd Bayless and Marc Gasol. ZBo was also in the running but his 5 turnovers disqualified him.
A debut for a debut. The official start to the Grind Prophecies, and the first time the Grizzlies will play the team now known as the Pelicans. Memphis struggled with a crappy Boston team on Monday, so things could get hairy (feathery?) tonight if the Griz continue to execute poorly. Still though, this is a very young and raw New Orleans team that has to turn their potential into production. And last time I checked (because I check on this... like all the time), grizzly bears eat pelicans, or they would if a pelican fell asleep and the grizzly snuck up on it. For more on the game tonight, go check out Joe Mullinax's preview on the front page!
- Game Score and Winner (correct predictions receive 3 points, if no correct predictions, 1 point awarded to member(s) with closest differential)
- The Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 players, 2 points go to each member who predicted either player)
- Combined total of Zach Randolphs points and rebounds (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if no correct answers, 1 point awarded to member(s) who are closest without going over)
- Total number of 3pt attempts by Mike Conley, Jerryd Bayless and Mike Miller (3 points awarded to correct predictions; if no correct answers, 1 point awarded to member(s) who are closest without going over)
We'll add a leader board here in a week or two, once we figure out who all is participating.