Memphis Grizzlies schedule - January 15 games
- '12-13 Record in December: 10-7
- Home Games: 7
- Away Games: 8
- VS '12-13 Playoff teams: 7
- VS Potential Playoff teams: 9
- Back-to-backs: 4
- 1 Day Off - 7
- 2 Days Off - 2
- 3+ Days Off - 1
- January 2 & 10 - Alex Len (PHX)
- January 5 - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (DET)
- January 17 & 29 - Ben Mclemore (SAC)
- January 28 - C.J. McCollum (POR)
- January 31 - Shabazz Muhammad (MIN)
- January 20 vs New Orleans (NBA TV)
- January 3 - Kosta Koufos' "emotional" return to the Pepsi Center
- January 24 & 25 - the Memphis Grizzlies take on Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets in a home-and-home, starting in Houston.
- Marc Gasol vs. Tim Duncan (January 7) - Two of the three best centers in the league facing off is always a classic matchup. Also Mike Conley v. Tony Parker.
- Marc Gasol vs. Dwight Howard (January 24 & 25) - Battle for best big man in the league here. Also a preview of the best defensive shooting guard (Tony Allen) vs. the best offensive shooting guard (James Harden).
- Mike Conley vs. Eric Bledsoe (January 2 & 10) - It'll be interesting to see Bledsoe face off against Conley after doing it as a reserve for the past two seasons.
- Zach Randolph vs. Kendrick Perkins (January 14) - Because this may happen again
Here is a look a the complete schedule for January 2014:
The Memphis Grizzlies should be hitting their stride here. The competition is there as they take on the Thunder, Spurs and Rockets along with other mid-tier teams including the Minnesota Timberwolves and Atlanta Hawks. A stretch of seven home games out of nine should allow the Griz to go on a run as they've fared well at the Fed Ex Forum in the past seasons.
They end the month of January on a three-game road trip visiting Portland, Sacramento and Minnesota. Neither of the three teams are a huge threats, but these are games this Memphis team should beat as they're coming off a trip to the Western Conference finals.
- Toughest Game: January 7 vs. San Antonio. It's never easy against the division rival.
- My favorite game: Since I don't want to choose the Pelicans game again the January 31st context vs. the Minnesota Timberwolves will be fun as, if healthy, they'll have one of the top offenses in the league.
- Trap Game: January 15 @ Milwaukee. This team just doesn't have it anymore though LARRY SANDERS is fun.
- Win Loss Prediction: 10-5