: ( and *crying* would have also been appropriate reactions. I'm all for seeing their best against our best, but without Tony Allen and Marc Gasol this matchup becomes not-quite-as-fun for Grizzlies fans. I'd imagine we'll see Tayshaun Prince covering Durant for the first 6 minutes of the game, and while I haven't looked up any history on that matchup ... I'm not incredibly excited about it's possibilities.
An option that could provide a bit more fun might come when we inevitably see James Johnson put on Kevin Durant. I just hope KD isn't sitting at 20+ pts when we finally see it.
But hey, I'm not going to leave you all on a downer. Check out this note of interest:
A day after first @memgrizz practice since injury, Marc Gasol told me, "It responded great. The knee feels really strong and stable."— Rob Fischer (@thefishnation) January 14, 2014
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder: Game Preview
- New Social Media Tools on Grizzly Bear Blues and SB Nation!
- GBB Roundtable: Is Mike Conley more important to the Grizzlies than Marc Gasol?
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live! GBB Podcast Debuts January 16th!
- Memphis Grizzlies Film Breakdown: James Johnson Curl Action Play