Final Score: Memphis 83, Milwaukee 86
The Grizzlies starters came out with the hot start that we keep talking about in Grizz Nation. Unfortunately, the bench lineups were a little more erratic and couldn't put away a Bucks squad that was sporting its starters well into the 4th quarter.
The major takeaways:
- The starting squad consisted of Quincy Pondexter at SF with Tony Allen starting at the 2, Vince Carter sitting the game out, and Courtney Lee coming in off the bench.
- All of that could drastically change tomorrow or Saturday -- or at any other point in the preseason.
- Marc Gasol looks like he's going to live up to "being more aggressive" -- he logged 7 rebounds and took 8 shots in 15 minutes of game play.
- The main, tenured players look sharp, and they look sharp together. The starters notched 9 assists in the very limited time they were together, hitting each other on sharp passes and seeming to have a solid awareness of one another.
- Jon Leuer needs to get playing time. He was the Grizzlies' leading scorer (11 pts) in just over 17 minutes of game time, shooting 4/7 from the field and snagging 5 rebounds.
- Jordan Adams has long arms and is excellent at playing passing lanes (4 steals in 17 minutes.)
- The Grizzlies "D-League" squad nearly pulled out the win but ultimately got taken out by some hot shooting from the Bucks.
On to tomorrow when we'll have video evidence of the Grizzlies playing basketball again!