Marc Gasol had an abysmal game last night. He could shoot, from anywhere, and he had a tough time just holding on to the ball for much of the game. We know Marc Gasol will eventually play at a very high level again, but a dig through his last two seasons says that you shouldn't necessarily bank on that being tonight.
- In the past two seasons, 2012-13 & 2013-14, Marc Gasol has scored single digits in 27 games.
- Of those 27 performances, 16 of them have been coupled together in consecutive games.
- Based on those recent stats, Gasol is likely to have another offensive stinker tonight.
- Even when he doesn't pair up the single digit scoring nights, he's only averaging 11.3 points on the games when he does break back into double digits.
- In other words, Gasol can get into sustained funks and then also ride high on long-cresting waves.