GBB Grind Prophecies are brought to you by:
RE/MAX Real Estate Experts
Welcome to all the returning players and any new faces!
The scoreboard is wiped clean. Your previous accomplishments mean nothing! It's time for a new month of the Grind Prophecies. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our sacred tradition, I present to you ... the official rules.
But honestly, that's our legal form that's extremely tedious and painfully boring. So here's my abridged version:
- The Grind Prophecies are a monthly contest, it begins today with the Grizzlies at Rockets game and ends on the final game of the month, Grizzlies vs Spurs on December 30th. Each game played during the month will feature an individual set of questions by which you earn points.
- The goal is to earn points every game and to have the most at the end of the month.
- Points are earned by participating in the contest post I'll publish for each game. You'll guess or answer (4) questions pertaining to the outcome of the game with an optional fifth question in which points are wagered.
- You MUST submit your answers PRIOR to tipoff in each game. Late answers are thrown out.
- The final two game submissions will be emailed directly to me so that the leading scorers can't play it safe and base their answers off of those who are closest in score.
- The first place prize is a replica Memphis Grizzlies jersey of your choice! ($100 value!)
- Anyone is welcome to play, but prize winners must be 18 years of age and live in the USA or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- SCORING UPDATE! I've altered the point scoring this month. Here's what's new:
- From now on, you will no longer submit an entire score for Question #1. Instead, you will answer either "Memphis" or their opponent's city/state name, designating them as your prediction for game winner. You will then follow your prediction for winner with how many points you think they will win by. You will be awarded (1) point for correctly guessing the game winner and (2) points for correctly guessing their winning differential. If you do not correctly guess the game winner then your guess for point differential does not count.
- Additionally, the "Grindmaster" for Question #2 will no longer be the game mvp. Instead, I will rotate between the stats of points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks and you will have to guess which Memphis Grizzly totals the highest amount for that given stat during the game.
Due to the fantastic participation this season, I am going to have to be extremely particular on the format in which you submit your answers so that I can easily score each game. Here's an example of what your submission should look like for tonight's game (I've made ridiculous predictions to not sway anyone's mind):
That would indicate that I'm predicting the Grizzlies to win by 55 points. Here's what it would look like if I was predicting the Rockets to win by 40 points and if I didn't want to wager an answer on question #5:
Notice that there isn't anything in the bold subject line. Leave that blank! Also, take note that I do not want you listing the Question #'s next to your answers. Having answers on separate lines will let me know which answers correspond to which questions. If you do not want to answer and wage points on Question #5 just answer "None" on the fifth line. Please use full names of any players and do not use nicknames. You should also notice that I do not want word qualifiers for your answers, i.e., you can just answer "88" and not "88 points in the paint." Keep it clean and simple!
Grizzlies at Rockets Grind Prophecies
- Game Winner and Differential (correct game winner predictions receive 1 point, correct winner point differentials receive 2 points)
- Scoring Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correctly predicting Grizzly with most points scored; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Total points in the paint for Memphis (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 2 points awarded to the member(s) with the closest differential)
- During which quarter will the Grizzlies total the most rebounds? (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 2 points awarded to the member(s) with the closest differential)
- *Optional Wager Question* Who will lead the Rockets in rebounds? (3 points awarded for correct predictions, 2 points deducted for incorrect predictions)