GBB Grind Prophecies are brought to you by:
RE/MAX Real Estate Experts
It's still very early in the contest and if you missed the first game you still have plenty of time to get into the mix!
Here's my abridged version:
- The Grind Prophecies are a monthly contest, this month began on December 3rd with the Grizzlies at Rockets game and ends on the final game of the month, Grizzlies vs Spurs on December 30th. Each game played during the month will feature an individual set of questions by which you earn points.
- The goal is to earn points every game and to have the most at the end of the month.
- Points are earned by participating in the contest post I'll publish for each game. You'll guess or answer (4) questions pertaining to the outcome of the game with an optional fifth question in which points are wagered.
- You MUST submit your answers PRIOR to tipoff in each game. Late answers are thrown out.
- The final two game submissions will be emailed directly to me so that the leading scorers can't play it safe and base their answers off of those who are closest in score.
- The first place prize is a replica Memphis Grizzlies jersey of your choice!
- Anyone is welcome to play, but prize winners must be 18 years of age and live in the USA or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- SCORING UPDATE! I've altered the point scoring this month. Here's what's new:
- From now on, you will no longer submit an entire score for Question #1. Instead, you will answer either "Memphis" or their opponent's city/state name, designating them as your prediction for game winner. You will then follow your prediction for winner with how many points you think they will win by. You will be awarded (1) point for correctly guessing the game winner and (2) points for correctly guessing their winning differential. If you do not correctly guess the game winner then your guess for point differential does not count.
- Additionally, the "Grindmaster" for Question #2 will no longer be the game mvp. Instead, I will rotate between the stats of points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks and you will have to guess which Memphis Grizzly totals the highest amount for that given stat during the game.
Grizzlies vs. Heat Grind Prophecies
- Game Winner and Differential (correct game winner predictions receive 1 point, correct winner point differentials receive 2 points)
- Assisting Grindmaster (3 points awarded to correctly predicting Grizzly with the most assists; if Grindmaster title is split between 2 or more players, 2 points go to each member who predicted one of those players)
- Total Field Goal Attempts for Memphis (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 2 points awarded to the member(s) with the closest differential)
- Total Offensive Rebounds for Memphis? (3 points awarded to correct predictions; 2 points awarded to the member(s) with the closest differential)
- *Optional Wager Question* How many 3-pointers will Chris Bosh make? (3 points awarded for correct predictions including multiple players due to a tie, 2 points deducted for incorrect predictions)