Western Conference Standings
|Golden State Warriors||43||36-7||0|
|Portland Trailblazers||46||32-14||5 1/2|
|Los Angeles Clippers||46||32-14||5 1/2|
|Houston Rockets||46||32-14||5 1/2|
|San Antonio Spurs||47||30-17||8|
|New Orleans Pelicans||46||24-22||13 1/2|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||46||23-23||14 1/2|
|Denver Nuggets||46||19-27||18 1/2|
|Sacramento Kings||44||16-28||20 1/2|
|Utah Jazz||46||16-30||21 1/2|
|Los Angeles Lakers||46||12-34||25 1/2|
The Grizzlies are in the second spot looking back at an injured Portland and up at a scorching hot Golden State. The Grizzlies are on a four-game winning streak and are in prime position to entrench themselves in the second spot. There is a good chance Memphis could go 3 and 0 in the next three games with Denver, Oklahoma City, and Phoenix on the horizon. Since the race is so tight, every game the Blazers and maybe even the Clippers play is important. Denver has some revenge coming since the Nuggets knocked the Grizz around in Denver. OKC just lost to the Knicks (read that twice. Done? THE KNICKS!!!), and may be without Kevin Durant going forward due to a toe injury.
Memphis-Dallas: This may be the best possible first round matchup for the Grizzlies. I think they would rather see Dirk Nowitzki and Rajon Rondo in the first round than have to square off with Tim Duncan and Tony Parker early on. The Mavericks would have to get scorching hot (not unreasonable) and have Marc Gasol decide that Dwight Powell scares him (I have a better chance of winning the lottery) to win this series.
- Golden State is sticking to their scorched earth policy for the foreseeable future.
- The Grizzlies have won 7 of 8 and have laser focus at the moment.
- PORTLAND CARES NOT FOR INJURIES, THEY WILL FIGHT UNTIL THEY ARE LIMBLESS AND LIFELESS.
- Los Angles and Houston are sparring for the 'nobody can figure us out" award.
- San Antonio has woken up, we all need to prepare for a surge of scary proportions.
- The Dallas Mavericks are on a four-game losing streak and are dropping like a sack of potatoes in the standings.
- Phoenix is fighting like mad to stay in the playoffs AND I LOVE IT!
- The Pelicans are a Phoenix losing streak and two good games away from us having a Monty Williams coached team in the playoffs.
- Oklahoma City cannot catch a break so they can make a push into the top 8.
Recaps of games that affected the Grizzlies playoff standings last night:
Previews of games that will affect the Grizzlies playoff standings tonight: