Memphis Grizzlies (33-23) at Los Angeles Lakers (11-48)
Radio: 92.9 ESPN in Memphis, Sirius 212
Checkout Lakers coverage over at Silver Screen and Roll
Grizzlies Quick Thoughts
- Small sample theatre, but this Grizzlies team can score a lot of points against teams that are not very good. During the Grizzlies last 16 game stretch they have averaged 105.6 points and have gone 12-4. This is nearly ten points higher than their season average. However, the teams they have played have not been the cream of the crop in the NBA
- Also small sample size theatre, but the Grizzlies have completely forgotten how to play defense as of late. Missing Marc Gasol and Tony Allen and adding three new guys, four if you count Brandan Wright, does not help. Is it roster building, or is it a change in philosophy? Time will tell.
- Mike Conley likes playing against the Lakers. He has averaged 20 points a game in the last seven games against Los Angeles. Plus, he is really starting to mesh with Brandan Wright. How glorious was their alley-oop on Wednesday. Some great screen and rolls will hopefully be enough to keep this old man awake for a west coast game.
- Matt Barnes was out of his mind on Wednesday, and this time Derek Fisher wasn’t involved. Expect a solid night from him again against one of his former teams.
Lakers Quick Thoughts
- This team blows.
- Jordan Clarkson is going to make a lot of money this off season. He had 28 on Wednesday against the Grizzlies, because…well…someone had to.
- Everytime I see Roy Hibbert, all I can think of is this:
- Thank you Gilbert Arenas
- Someone should remind him what Matt Barnes does to trash cans.
- I totally forgot Lou Williams plays for the Lakers.
- Hey, this is the second-to-last time the Grizzlies will play against Kobe Bryant at Staples Center
- Is it obvious I don’t care?
Lakers make it closer than their talent should, but the Grizzlies score a lot again
Grizzlies 124 Lakers 108