Memphis Grizzlies (38-26) vs Atlanta Hawks (36-29)
Read more about the Hawks at Peachtree Hoops
- Last Game- Grizzlies 121 - Pelicans 114 in OT. If I had not have seen it with my own eyes I still would not believe it.
- Injury report: Out- Jordan Adams, Chris Anderson, Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, and Brandan Wright. Questionable- Vince Carter
- Speaking of an injury report, the Grizzlies announced today the Mike Conley has been out with Achilles tendinitis and will essentially miss the rest of the regular season. In other words, bring on the Briante Weber era! Also:
Ray McCallum (@RayMac3) has signed and will be available for Grizzlies tonight— Chris Vernon (@ChrisVernonShow) March 12, 2016
From Yahoo.com's The Verticle
Along with Ray McCallum, the Grizzlies are planning to sign center Alex Stepheson today using injury exceptions, sources tell The Vertical.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 12, 2016
Stephenson is a 6'10" PF out of the University of Southern California. Even though he was undrafted in the 2015 draft, he was originally on the training camp roster for the Grizzlies, but was waived on October 24th. The Los Angeles Clippers signed him to a ten day contract in February. He has four games played and ha a total of two points, two rebounds, and two blocks in 12 minutes played.
- Probable Starting Lineup- Briante Weber, Tony Allen, Matt Barnes, JaMychal Green, and Ryan Hollins
- Lost in the amazing performance by Lance Stephenson, who scored a career high in points, and Matt Barnes, who became the oldest player in NBA history to get a triple double, was the outstanding play by rookie Jarell Martin on the inbound play with mere seconds left in a tie game. Not quite sure why he is not starting over Ryan Hollins, but I'm sure there is a reason,
- Last Game- Hawks 96 - Raptors 104 on Thursday, March 10th.
- Injury Report: Out: Mike Scott and Tiago Splitter
- Probable starting lineups: Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, Kent Bazemore, Paul Milsap, and Al Horford.
- The Hawks won the only other meeting between these two teams this season, a 166-101 loss at FEF on November 27th. Paul Millsap had a double double, but I'm certain he don't want none of JaM and JMart.
- But at least we can semi-enjoy Sir Foster, the organ playing mad man for the Hawks.
Love what the team gave last night is a game they definitely could have let get away from them. But the Pelicans suck, and this one would have been tough even with an entire healthy roster
Hawks 110 - Grizzlies 94