2) San Antonio Spurs At 7) Memphis Grizzlies
Spurs Lead Series 2-0
FedExForum, Memphis, TN
TV: ESPN, FSSE
Read More About the Spurs at Pounding The Rock
- Injury List: Jordan Adams (Out, knows what its like when doves cry), Mike Conley (Out, just wanted your extra time and your....), Marc Gasol (Out, Would die 4 U), Brandan Wright (Out, Just trying to get through this thing called "life").
- Probable Starting Lineup- Jordan Farmar, Vince Carter, Matt Barnes, Zach Randolph, and Chris Andersen.
- A this point, what more can we say? The Grizzlies are getting drug by the Spurs. The Spurs are an elite NBA team with the best chance to dethrone the current NBA champions. The Grizzlies are a mishmash of injuries, D-League All-Stars, and tank trade players that really are not very good. There's a very real chance that four out of the five Grizzlies that will start tonight will not be on the team next season. Matt Barnes, perhaps one of those four, said that playing the Spurs in games one and two was like bringing a spoon to a gunfight. At this point, who even knows of we have any spoons left.
- While we are talking about starting lineups, this one blows. I know, small sample size, but the net rating for this lineup blows. The starting lineup for the Grizzlies (Farmar, Carter, Barnes, Randolph, and Birdman), are a -41 in Net Rating (Net Rating is the Offensive Rating, which is points scored per 100 possessions), minus Defensive Rating, which is points given up per 100 possessions). That's bad. And of the lineup combinations that have played more than five minutes together in two games, it's the third worst out of five. The best lineup combination is Farmar-Allen-Barnes-Randolph-Andersen at +30, and has the highest offensive rating (90 points per 100 possessions). What I'm getting at is that the starting lineup is primarily responsible for the slow starts to the first and third quarters, which is really digging the Grizzlies in a hole.
- So what the hell are we supposed to do? The natural reaction would be to throw it to the hand and #FeedFifty. Lets take a trip back in time to 2011 in game six. Here is what throwing it to the hand could get you then...
Here is game one of this series:
Here is Game Two:
I picture Coach Pop lying in bed at night, swearing to all the basketball gods that if he can just figure out to keep ZBo out of the lane and keep him from doing ZBo things, he will give up his immortal soul. And it's worked. Almost every time since 2011.
- So that probably won't work. So what then? Well...let's go crazy. Maybe its time to let a young guy get some solid minutes and use his skills to build confidence and maybe give the Grizzlies a small tactical advantage. Maybe we should start thinking about limiting Vince Carter's playing time, because the Spurs are cooking him. Maybe we just let Lance be Lance.
- At this point I don't even know. But the kitchen sink, including all the utensils, need to be thrown in order to even have a shot at being competitive in this series.
- But there is always this:
- Injury List: None
- Probable Starting Line Up: Tony Parker, Danny Green, Kahwi Leonard, LaMArcus Aldridge, and Tim Duncan.
- The Spurs are good and haven't even had to play well yet. What more can I say?
You don't have to be rich to be my girl
You don't have to be cool to rule my world
Ain't not particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want your extra time and your.....
Spurs 95 - Grizzlies 77