Memphis Grizzlies (42-36) at Dallas Mavericks (40-38)
American Airlines Arena, Dallas, Texas
TV: FSSE, NBATV
Read more about the Mavs at Mavs Moneyball
- Last game Memphis 108 - Chicago 92. The Grizzlies broke a six game losing streak, their longest since 2009.
- Injury Report (why do we keep doing this to ourselves) Jordan Adams (out), Mike Conley (out), Marc Gasol (out), Brandan Wright (out).
- Probable starting lineup: Jordan Farmar, Tony Allen, Matt Barnes, Zach Randolph, Chris Andersen
- P.J. Hairston will make his return to the lineup tonight. With Stephenson getting the odd DNP-CD on Tuesday against the Bulls and Xavier Munford gaining the trust of HCDJ, it will be interesting to see how Hairston, a talented but not always very good guard, fits into the rotation.
- The Grizzlies are 30-4 when Matt Barnes has a positive +/- rating.
- Zach Randolph needs 83 points to pass Latrell Sprewell for 94th overall in scoring all time.
- Tony Allen has 20+ points in three of the last 16 games after not scoring more than 20 points in his previous 275 game appearances.
- Jordan Farmar has scored in double digits in five of his last eight games.
- The Grizzlies are 1-2 against the Mavs this season, and 9-31 all-time against the Mavs in Dallas.
- The Grizzlies magic number for at least the sixth seed is three. The magic number for the fifth seed is four. If the Grizzlies win out they will be in the fifth seed. If not, they will need some help. Losing all of the last four games would almost assure them of the eighth seed, so tonight's game is a good place to start.
- The key to tonight's game falls on the broad shoulders of Zach Randolph. Throw it to the hand needs to be the offensive philosophy for the Grizzlies tonight. Getting Zach going early will help keep the offense moving and not fall into an early game lull against a smoking hot Mavs team.
- Last Game- Dallas 88 - Houston 86- The Mavs really did the Grizz a solid by beating the Rockets, who have absolutely fallen apart.
- Injury Report: Jeremy Evans (Out-Shoulder), Chandler Parsons (Out-
Hair product incident knee surgery), Deron Williams (Out- abdominal strain).
- Probable Starting Lineup- Jose Juan Barea, Wesley Matthews, Justin Anderson, Dirk Nowitzki, and Zaza Pachulia
- The Mavericks are red hot coming into tonight with a five game winning streak when a week ago it looked pretty bleak for them to even make the playoffs. And like a bizzaro-Grizzlies season, it has been an injury that has made this team better. Seven games ago Deron Williams got injured and began to miss time. Prior to that time, the Mavs were a miserable 7-16, allowing 115 points a game. Since JJ Barea has started and the team has played better defense and slowed down the pace of the offense, the Mavs are 5-2 and chasing a playoff spot.
- With all the hoopla over Kobe's retirement, and well deserved I guess, what if this is the last time we see Dirk play against the Grizz?
- Why do I always still think that Tyson Chandler plays for this team?
- Chandler Parsons is evolutionary Mike Miller if Mike Miller weren't cool
- This one is gonna be an u-g-l-y one. The Mavs need wins and the Grizz just wanna ruin someones playoffs.
Grizzlies 81 Mavericks 79