The 2018 GBB Community Mock NBA Draft is under way! The draft is continuing through our Twitter account @sbngrizzlies if you want to follow it there as it develops. We are recapping picks here at GBB from now until draft week, and we have arrived at #7 overall with the Chicago Bulls and their mock GM Greg Ratliff (@GregRatliff).
First, a review of where we are in the draft. Check out this link to catch up on trade/pick explanations in our mock.
- Phoenix Suns- Deandre Ayton, center, University of Arizona
- Boston Celtics via Sacramento Kings- Luka Doncic, guard/forward, Real Madrid
- Atlanta Hawks- Jaren Jackson Jr., forward/center, Michigan State University
- Philadelphia 76ers via Memphis Grizzlies- Michael Porter Jr., forward, University of Missouri
- Dallas Mavericks- Marvin Bagley III, forward, Duke University
- Orlando Magic- Trae Young, guard, University of Oklahoma
With the 7th pick in the 2018 GBB Community Mock NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select Collin Sexton, guard, University of Alabama
A bit high for the prospect known as the “Young Bull”? Perhaps. But Ratliff knew who he wanted, and rather than risk trading back and missing on his guy he pulls the trigger at #7. Here is his rationale behind this selection -
Sexton is going to compete for the starting point guard spot from day 1. I felt that Collin’s athleticism gives us the playmaking we’ve lacked at times. Moving forward, his attitude and confidence will strengthen our team on and off the court. Sexton can drive to the hoop and create off the dribble, opening up opportunities for Zach LaVine and Lauri Markkanen to score. Collin’s abilities to catch and shoot off screens make him a threat from mid range and beyond. He will be our point guard of the future and possibly even the present.
Perhaps Kris Dunn isn’t the future in mock Chicago?
Up next in our mock, the Cleveland Cavaliers!