While the Memphis Grizzlies’ offense has surged with Ja Morant at the helm, De’Anthony Melton and Desmond Bane have thrived as complementary players in the starting lineup. For this edition of “The Long View,” I look at these early growth opportunities Bane and Melton have had as starters and with Dillon Brooks out due to injury.
- The perimeter stopper responsibilities, and how it should help their defensive trajectory
- The confidence from the offensive end, and how the live-dribble creation makes their ceilings more fascinating
- How Dillon Brooks’ return should help the bench through Bane and Melton’s play
- How they’re building a case to be potential permanent starters down the road.
- Is this just early-season sample results, or a launchpad for a leap?
NEW EPISODE OF THE LONG VIEW‼️— Parker Fleming (@PAKA_FLOCKA) October 27, 2021
I focus on the growth opportunities for Desmond Bane and De’Anthony Melton, with Dillon Brooks out
❌ Perimeter stopping jobs
How they help the bench
Early season sample, or is a leap on the way? pic.twitter.com/c9RXnPSmFZ
Follow The Core 4, 3andD, The Starting 5, and GBB Live on Twitter and subscribe to/rate/review the GBB Podcast Network however you get your podcasts so you never miss an episode! Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and IHeart all carry The Core 4, GBBLive, 3andD, The Starting 5, and The Long View podcasts.